S. S. Michaels is a writer of “transgressive fiction” (Wikipedia) . She has a B.S. in Business Administration/Accounting, a Master’s in Media & Visual Arts/Film & Video Production, has lived abroad, traveled widely, jumped out of an airplane and driven a race car. She has worked in film and television, reading slush & writing coverage, then working as a production coordinator, and finally serving as a TV network financial analyst. She lives on the Georgia coast with her husband, two kids, two dogs, and a swarm of unfriendly sand gnats.
“S. S. Michaels is one of the best new voices in fiction. Her prose is inventive, intense, and highly entertaining… [Her] fiction grabs you by the throat and doesn’t let go.” — Jeremy C. Shipp, Bram Stoker Award nominated author of CURSED
Written works include:
- IDOLS & CONS Coming November 15th!!!!!!
- REVIVAL HOUSE (a psychotic young undertaker, set to inherit the failing family funeral parlor, reanimates his girlfriend and breathes new life into his business and his hometown.)
- Work-in-Progress: PUCK BOY (working title) (a growth hormonally-challenged teen from a cult that worships Hunter S. Thompson is hit in the head with a cursed hockey puck)
- SHORT BUS HERO
- Work-in-Progress: ST. JAKE
- Editing two anthologies:
- Ice Picks: Most Chilling Stories from the Ice Plaza for Rainstorm Press.
- The vacation of a lifetime: a stay at a remote Scandinavian resort hotel sculpted completely from ice and snow. Some come to enjoy the snowmobiling and dog sledding. Others come to experience the coolest in arctic luxury. Some have a wonderful time, taking fond memories home to share with family and friends. Others never quite make the trip home. Let’s focus on these poor souls who are lost in the frosty corridors, the meticulously sculpted suites, the frozen ballrooms. Send chills up our spines, make our blood run cold, and, above all, be chillingly original. This collection will feature short stories from some of the most talented horror writers around, including: Jeremy C. Shipp, Jeremy Wagner, John Edward Lawson, David Dunwoody, Robert R. Best, D. W. Grintalis, Cate Gardner, Jake Bible, Stacey Graham, Todd Austin Hunt, Kate Jonez, and Caleb J. Ross.
DETRITUS ANTHOLOGY: The impulse to collect springs from deep within the human psyche Squirrels gather acorns, rats collect shiny things, but only humans assign meaning to the objects they collect. Detritus is a collection of stories about the impulse to collect, preserve, and display gone horribly wrong. The stories in this collection can be about hoarders, cat ladies, people who keep cabinets of curiosities, folks who have secret stashes of strange and disturbing things or any other sort of person who has a frightening collection or a desperate need to gather up and keep things close.